You could find this technique named Sač. It is the same way to make a dish you never experienced. The step-by-step description is below.
- The firewood is set into the fireplace about 2 hours prior to doing Peka. The entire fireplace has to be heated up as much is required to bake a perfect Peka. When the firewood is burned down to the embers Then we place the meat into the baking pot set into the fireplace and cover it with the hand-hammered iron lid. Usually, we bake lamb or veal meat, or a goat kid, even upon your request we can bake chicken or turkey. In any case, after adding meat into the pot we place the lid on the top insert the ring and then cover all of it with embers. Embers on the top as well all around the lid to prevent air draft coming in.
2. After about 45 minutes the lid is removed
3. And meat flipped upside down
4. The lid cover procedure is on again
5. After the next 45 minutes the lid is removed and vegetable added over meat
6. One hour more and your Peka dish is ready to get eaten